The Difference Quality Makes
The quality of the roof you have installed, including both the quality of materials used and the skill and experience of the crew doing the work, will have a big impact on both performance and length of roof service.
As you read in the Roof System Comparison section of this website, built-up roofs (BUR) of tar or tar and gravel roof systems, although sometimes less expensive in the beginning, must be torn off and replaced when they reach the end of their life. Additionally, because they absorb the sun’s energy, they can add considerably to a building’s cooling costs.
Tillotson Enterprises utilizes the following installation standards for spray foam roofs. Compare these standards with competitive bids.
- Foam compressive strength of 2.7-3.0 lbs. per cubic foot
- Closed-cell not open-celled foam
- Minimum pass thickness of ½ inch
- Minimum total thickness over smooth surface of one inch
- Minimum total thickness over irregular surface of 1-½ inches
- Wood decking to be exterior grade and not less than 15/32 inches
- Flat structural metal decks not less the 22 gauge
- Pitched metal building roof panel not less than 29 gauge
- Acceptable surface texture to be as smooth as possible
- Tents and windscreens should be used to minimize overspray
Have a Question?For more information or to inquire about an estimate, please contact us!
Tillotson Enterprises, Inc.
715 Huron Drive
Kearney, NE 68847